THANK. Does it matter?
Did you know that gratitude is helpful for your body? Saying thank you is a beautiful thing, but the impact of the words goes far beyond the visible. Gratitude is the attribute of being thankful, showing appreciation, and giving back with kindness.
How Does Gratitude Help?
Research shows that expressing gratitude has many benefits in our mind-body-soul connection. When we tap into thankfulness, it activates the brain which begins the process of decreasing pain, shedding stress, and reducing anxiety to making us feel good. Researchers agree that grateful people have higher energy levels, are more relaxed, happier and healthier. How can you be thankful more often and enjoy all of the positive benefits?
What are the Benefits of Living with Thankfulness?
To feel the gratitude, we must first recognize the things in our life that make us feel good and happy. Many times we get distracted by the busyness of life and forget to pause and take time to count our blessings. When we linger in this place or recognition, we bring awareness to what is happening inside of us, our perception.
Be thankful for others, but most importantly remember to be grateful for yourself. Opening to love and gratitude is the first step toward manifesting our dreams. When problems appear, it is much more beneficial than ever to focus on the positive.
When was the last time you gave praise for the ability to breathe? When was the last time you gave recognition to yourself for being kind? When was the last time you thanked your hands for allowing you to touch your loved ones? Thankfulness is a list that is as long as you allow it to be. Simply put, positive attracts more positive.
How Can You Practice It More?
- Practices like praying, meditating, doing yoga, or Qigong boost gratitude.
- Notice how you feel and acknowledge your emotions.
- Say thank you before you get out bed because you have a brand new day.
- Set your gratitude attitude for the day before leaving your house.
- Start a journey of gratitude. Each day write one positive thing that happened in your day. On hard days, go back and read what you have written.
- Spend the entire day looking for little things to be thankful for and allow yourself to be silly.
- Put a glass of water next to the bed before going to sleep. Drink it in the morning while being thankful for the water and start your day full of gratitude.
By celebrating something positive every day, you’ll have a life full of celebrations. If you need help with setting your gratitude practice, we can help. Check our classes and workshops for more information.
Thankfulness matters the most for a positive life.